Arctic Monkeys for iTunes festival the day AM is released, September 9
Arctic Monkeys NA Tour (Fall 2013) — more details (+full list of dates) here.
- 15 September - Kool Haus, Toronto
- 18 September - Mann Center, Philadelphia
- 21 September - Music Midtown Festival, Atlanta
- 23 September - Riviera Theater, Chicago
- 27 September - Fox Theater, Oakland CA
- 29 September - The Wiltern, Los Angeles
- 30 September - The Wiltern, Los Angeles
- 04 October - Austin City Limits, Texas
- 05 October - Varsity Theater, Baton Rouge
- 07 October - Track 29, Chattanooga
- 08 October - Marathon Music Works, Nashville
- 09 October - Iron City, Birmingham
- 11 October - Austin City Limits, Texas
Tickets on sale 28/29 June 2013 [x]
ARCTIC MONDAY: On 9 September 2013, the fifth album ‘AM’ will finally be released
- Do I Wanna Know?
- R U Mine?
- One For The Road
- I Want It All
- No. 1 Party Anthem
- Mad Sounds
- Why’d You Only Call Me When You’re High?
- Snap Out Of It
- Knee Socks
- I Wanna Be Yours
Produced by James Ford and co-produced by Ross Orton, the new album will feature Josh Homme, Pete Thomas, Bill Ryder-Jones, and words of John Cooper Clarke.
All cleared up then? Josh Homme is part of AM5, but is not producing the record.
From Shortlist [published 21 May 2013]
You’ve been producing the new Arctic Monkeys album. What are they like to work and hang out with?
They’re fantastic. People have this incorrect assumption that I had some heavy impact on them, but as a producer I prefer to be more transparent, like a transparent cake dish put over the top of bands to protect them from outsiders, so they can be themselves. That was the record they needed to make – they wanted to get weird.
They’re baaaaack. In case you missed the announcement, Arctic Monkeys will headline Glastonbury Festival this year — 28 June, Friday.
Also, how great is this lineup?
Alex Turner to appear on new QOTSA album
Well, this album just keeps getting bigger and bigger. With Dave Grohl contributing to the drums and the likes of Elton John, Jake Shears and Trent Reznor having already confirmed their involvement, now Sheffield’s golden boy has joined the ranks to appear on ‘…Like Clockwork’. Wow. This album is going to be huuuuuuuuuuuuge.
Looks like we’ll have this once again: Miles Kane will support Arctic Monkeys on their performances in Italy
A guy who met Helders in Sheffield last night says Matt told him new album in July
Matt Helders confirms 2013 release for AM5