Matt: Do you know anything about Chile?
Alex: Not really. Do you know anything about Chile, Malley? Jamie?
Jamie: Macchu Picchu?
Interviewer: It’s Peru.
There, there lovelies. Just watch this interview with Nick & Jamie from Lollapalooza Chile to ease your troubled souls. (submitted by we-were-infinite)
A girl from the Ibero (a university in Mexico) made an interview to Alex and Nick when they came to Mexico :) LISTEN TO IT!
Susana Medina (Ibero 90.9) entrevista a Alex Turner y Nick O’Malley de Arctic Monkeys unas horas antes de su concierto en el Palacio de los Deportes en la Ciudad de México, el 28 de marzo de 2012.
I enjoyed this. Have a listen—began with talks of Jamie’s makeup, stoner rock, Thunder Suckle Fuzz Canyon, Alex writing children’s books, et cetera.
Alex Turner and Matt Helders.
“I’m Alex. Who are you?”
This one’s for Chile. Alex is excited to see you.
What lyric describes you best?
That Richard Hawley tune, Born Under A Bad Sign. There’ve been moments when I’ve thought that’s me.
Alex Turner On Q Magazine (2011)
Article about the Monkeys way back in June in Aussie magazine BRAG.
Submitted by dirntdirntdirntdirnt
The boys on the cover of Time Off (Brisbane, Australia). Read the interview with Alex here.
|—||Jamie Cook making me curious as to what those bits are [x]|
What we learned about Alex Turner from this month’s music issue of GQ:
- He doesn’t think he’ll still be touring in 2040 but he’ll still be making music, “in some way, shape, or form”
- He enjoys touring more now; loves playing in America because of the variation from big venues to small clubs “in the middle of nowhere”
- He’s happy where the band is now and coming around to being proud, rather than embarrassed, of the success of the first album
- He loves The Smiths. Jimi Hendrix, too.
- Appreciate rappers like Roots Manuva and Dr. Dre
- There’s a mention of The Strokes influencing them to start a band but we know that already. Moving on…
- The rest of the band is supportive of his side projects. Miles Kane is everyone’s friend from way back when he was still with The Rascals.
- He’s not used to maintaining his John Lennon Hamburg haircut.
- He wants to play at Glastonbury again. And I say/scream: DO IT. DO IT. DO IT.
FaceCulture: Nick, it’s been your five year anniversary with the Arctic Monkeys—
Nick: That’s right. It’s flown by.
FaceCulture: Have they bought you a present?
Nick: Present, no. Just uh, just little sort of snacks every now and again.
Alex: Yeah, not even a cake.
FaceCulture: Do you still recall the actual day that they asked you to join the band?
Nick: I don’t know the actual day but I can feel when I’m near to it each year. I get like a warmish sort of [feeling] there, like when you’ve had delicious dessert.